Dr. Tom's Records
- 2,750 consecutive (no misses!) free throws in one day, as documented
in the Guinness Book of Records.
- 374 consecutive free throws in one hour, with one ball, on Fox TV,
February 28, 1996.
- After one coaching session an assistant coach made 68 free throws in
a row. He made 98 in a row the next day and six 3-pointers in a game.
- The Cal State Bakersfield Roadrunners went from 62% to 83% in one game
and maintained an 80% free throw average during their playoff games.
- A struggling Long Beach State 49er improved from 40% to 85% at the
line during one season.
- A group of junior high players attained a better than 80% free throw
average with only one week of practice.